If you have not done so, please fill out a Free/Reduced Meal Application for students that attend Modoc Joint Unified School District. All students that reside in your household should be on ONE application. Even if you do not think you will qualify, please turn in an application.
MJUSD Food Service
Dear Parents and Guardians:
The 2016-17 school year will begin with some exiting new changes! First of all, Alturas Elementary School will be serving universal free breakfast in the cafeteria. This program has been proven to be beneficial in many ways. Hungry children don’t learn well. We all have busy lives and sometimes breakfast takes a back seat. We will be providing a nutritious breakfast to all students at AES free of charge, in the cafeteria beginning at 7:50 am. Of course, this program is optional and students do not have to participate.
Secondly, all school meals are required to offer whole grains and more fresh fruits and vegetables. We have begun using bread products that contain 51% or more whole wheat; this includes our cinnamon rolls, muffins, cereals, poptarts, hamburger buns, sandwich bread and tortillas. All meals are required to meet a calorie minimum and maximum, low sodium and sugar requirements, higher fiber content, Zero trans fat and very low saturated fat percentages. Also, at the elementary level students will be required to take a fruit and a vegetable with every school lunch. At the middle and high schools, students will be REQUIRED to take at least ½ cup of fruit and vegetable daily with their lunch.
We hope you are as excited about the changes as we are. Remember, you can still prepay your child’s meals on myschoolbucks.com, in your child’s school office or in the serving line. Free and reduced applications are available on line, in the site offices, your parent pack and always in my office.
Thank you and enjoy the school year. If you have any questions please call, email or stop by my office anytime. I am located in the senior center, at the District Office building.
To access the Nutrikids services:
- Simply go to the district web site at www.modoc.k12.ca.us
- Click on the Food Services link.
- Click on the myschoolbucks.com link. From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. All you need is your child’s name, student ID number and school ZIP code. Click here for instructions to set up an account.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- A $10.00 minimum online prepayment is required.
- Posting of money to your students account has a 24 hour delay time.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.95 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Modoc Joint Unified School District will not profit from the use of this site.
If you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Modoc Joint Unified School District (MJUSD). Please write your child’s full name(s) on the check.
If you have any questions about these new services, please feel free to contact my office at 233-7201 ext. 109.
Food Service Director
906 W. 4th St., Alturas, CA 96101
(530) 233-7201 ex 109